Crawford Independent School District
200 Pirate Drive
Crawford, Texas 76638
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Crawford ISD is currently accepting sealed proposals for interior painting of the high school and elementary campuses. Please provide separate price(s) for each campus per the scope of work and pre-construction meeting. The district may choose to award a portion, or all of the work to a vendor as deemed necessary. The successful bidder will be determined on “best value” for the district. Due to the requested completion date, the availability of manpower is critical and will be considered when making final selections.
In awarding a contract, the District shall consider:
1. Purchase price
2. Projected start date
3. Time Frame to complete the full scope of work
4. The reputation of the vendor and of the vendor’s goods and services.
5. The extent to which the goods or services meet the District’s needs.
6. The vendor’s past relationship with the District.
7. The district also reserves the right to decline all proposals.
Scope of Work
1. Clean and prepare all walls, doors, and door frames that are currently painted for new paint.
2. Provide protection for furniture, cabinets, and floors.
3. Paint wall, doors, and door frames that currently have painted surfaces.
4. Any loose or peeling paint should be removed to a point where the newly painted surfaces blend in appearance and function.
5. Changes to the above Scope of Work shall be addressed by the Bidder at either the Pre-Construction Meeting or via email prior to the Proposal date. Answers will be forwarded to all Bidders and should be included in the Proposal.
6. The Scope of Work is intended to be complete. Changes to the Scope of Work will not be accepted and will not constitute a change order if discrepancies are not discussed/answered prior to commencement.
Alternate Tasks to Consider During
1. Move classroom/office furniture and portable bookshelves away from surfaces to be painted.
2. Patch holes and damage to walls in preparation for paint.
3. Fix/replace outlet covers as necessary. Ensure matching colors and styles.
4. Fix/replace switches/switch plate covers as necessary. Ensure matching colors and styles.
Schedule for RFP Selection
The district will make every effort to adhere to the following schedule:
03/28/22 Release of Request for Proposal (RFP)
04/05/22 Pre-Proposal Meeting - 10:00 am @ Crawford High School
04/08/22 Deadline for questions concerning the RFP or services requested
04/11/22 Responses given to any questions provided to all known interested banks
04/18/22 Deadline for proposal submission 4/18/22 @ 3:00 pm
04/18/22 District Board award of contract
05/23/22 Contract commencement
07/01/22 Desired completion date
Direct any questions about the project or proposal to:
Dr. Kenneth Hall
Please support The McGregor Mirror by subscribing today!